Sunday, December 20, 2015

Party Season & Sassy Saturday Post

My!  As if the season could get any busier, my husband and I (Evans & Rogers) just got booked for a party on New Years Day.  It promises to be a lot of fun, and we're both looking forward to it.  We have lots of parties to go to with good friends to see.  Life is good.  God is good.

For my Sassy Saturday friends, here's the latest tidbit to show off of my heroine, Janette West.  This comes from my latest book, Man Trouble.

-----------------------
Excerpt from Man Trouble, chapter two

It was quite chilly outside in the desert night air, but not inside that car. Kiss after long kiss, the windows began to steam up just like my head. Something told me it was time to end the evening before it got any hotter.

“Alan, we’d better go,” I wanted to say, once I could come up for air, but then I was distracted by a breeze down my back. I tried to ignore it until I felt his hands touch my skin where he shouldn’t have been able to. Immediately the fog lifted.

My outfit was a straight skirt that fastened in the back and a simple sweater that buttoned down the back as well. Alan, deft as a pickpocket, had undone them both.

“Stop it!!” I shouted and yanked myself away. “Stop it right now, Alan, and take me home!”

Instead of doing as I asked, he reached for me again with a seductive touch, stroking my skin and pulling me closer. “Look, just relax,” he said softly. “We won’t do anything bad. We’ll just cuddle close for a minute, that’s all.”

What a touch! This guy knew his stuff, and had I been a weaker person, it would have posed a real problem. But I stood firm and kept up my efforts to elude his grasp. “Alan, I mean it. Stop it and take me home!”

Still he would not comply and continued his attempts to make love, pulling me close again as he said,
“Don’t worry, baby. I’ll be good. I promise, I’ll be real good.”

But that didn’t work. Squirming until my hands were in front of me, I pushed against his arms with all my might. And still he wouldn’t give up. Once free from his embrace I didn’t expect him to keep going, but he grabbed me again to hold me tenderly, keeping me from putting my clothes back together and causing them to be even looser.

That was the last straw. This time I got away and jumped back to the far side of the seat. When he came after me again with more love and kisses, I made sure it was the last time.

Alan drove us home slowly with one hand on the steering wheel while the other nursed a bloody nose and a swollen eye; his lip was also cut. I thought of offering to drive once I saw the awful damage my little fists had done, but believed the lesson might be better learned without trying to make things easier.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon,

    I don't have your email, so I'm just dropping by to let you know that I'm discontinuing the hop. Only a few of the people who signed up are participating and I'm finding I don't have the time to promote it and get more people involved. But I'm happy that you participated and that I got a chance to read your work!

    Best, Jasmine

    ReplyDelete